Top Ten: A Walking Tour With Charleston Culinary Tours Through A Year In Review
We’re officially just a week away from the end of the year, and what a year it’s been here at Charleston Culinary Tours. We’ve been able to share culinary tours with great meals, mixology tours with artisan cocktails, walking tours in historic neighborhoods, and make memories with friends old and new.
Here at the end of 2018, we want to get the word out: it’s been a gift to get to meet, visit with and host all of you! We’re looking forward to 2019, and all of the new friends we’ll make along the way.
In the meantime, we’ve put together this list of events from the last year that we want to share with you. Consider it your unofficial walking tour behind the scenes at Charleston Culinary Tours. It’s a review of our Top Ten of 2018, and a chance to get inspired for new experiences coming soon.
A Walking Tour Through 2018 With Charleston Culinary Tours
- What was our top tour? In 2018, our top culinary tour experience was the Upper King Street Culinary Tour, and it’s easy to understand why. Upper King Street has become a destination spot for both locals and visitors to Charleston, with a thriving and creative foodie scene.
- What was new this year? We want to highlight our added new dates and times for the popular Meet the Chef tour. People love to meet and talk to chefs in world-class restaurants. (If you love food, what better experience to have?)
- Here’s a returning favorite: again in 2018, Charleston was named a Top 10 travel destination in the U.S. – which means it’s dominated the scene since the turn of the century.
- Another returning favorite: once again this year, Charleston Culinary Tour received a Trip Advisor certificate of excellence, and our guests left some wonderful reviews. Thanks to all! We’re love what we do, and sharing it with you!
- More news about friends for this one. Again this year, we partnered with other local tour providers to make sure you get a one-stop-shop for the best local experiences! You can learn more about our friends here.
- The Charleston Culinary Tours guides are arguably the most knowledgeable, most passionate foodies around – if we do say so ourselves! Again in 2018, you could meet and learn from a cast of characters that were happy to share their passion for local Charleston culture with you. (Read more about each of them here.)
- What’s the gift that kept on giving all year long? That would be Charleston Culinary Tours gift certificates.
- Want to have a foodie experience from the comfort of home? Again this year we offered the opportunity to book a meal with a private chef.
- If craft cocktails and creative drinks are more your thing, you can’t afford to miss our mixology tour. This year we helped turn acquaintances into friends by offering memorable evenings over shared drinks.
- It’s officially been one year since the publication of owner Samuel Guilds Hollowell, Jr. published his first book, Palmettos & Pluff Mud, in Dec. 2017! He’s a master storyteller and the mastermind behind our tours, and a native son of Charleston who shares his passion for local food and the local history with our guests. If you want to learn more about the history of Charleston, this is a must read.
Inspired? Be sure to visit us this coming year to make all of your Charleston experience #goals come true. We’re planning to offer the same great opportunities, with a few new surprises along the way. f there’s anything we can do to serve you with a first-class Charleston experience, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We look forward to seeing you!