This 2.5-hour tour offers insight into Charleston’s historic Upper King Street neighborhood, which has been named one of the top 10 food neighborhoods in America.
Downtown Charleston Culinary Tour
A Taste of the Traditional
- Two and a half hour walking food tour explores the food and restaurants of Charleston’s Historic French Quarter and City Market.
- Experience the tastiest of Charleston’s history and food while walking some of the oldest and most historic streets in America!
- This tour highlights some of our favorite locally-owned restaurants in the Holy City.
- Guest Private tours available
The Best of Charleston’s Culinary & Historical Hot Spots!
The 2.5-hour Downtown Charleston Culinary Tour combines elements of a historical tour with a culinary adventure! Through a broad range of tastings from four local food establishments and expert narrative from a city-certified guide, you will gain insight into traditional Lowcountry cuisine. This is our original tour around the French Quarter and City Market and focuses on the must-try flavors of the region.
TIP: Schedule the Downtown Charleston Culinary Tour as one of your first activities, especially if this is your first visit to Charleston. You’ll want to use the rest of your trip to check out all of the best restaurant recommendations you’ll receive from your guide and fellow foodies!
Our Classic Downtown Charleston Food Tour Includes:
- All food tastings (a meal for most)
- A fully narrated tour by a certified Charleston tour guide
- All taxes and server gratuities (Guide gratuity NOT included)
- Tours are held rain or shine. Come prepared for walking in the weather.
- These are walking tours, and historic Charleston has a number of very uneven cobblestone streets and sidewalks. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Each tour is unique as destinations rotate on a daily basis.
Meeting Place - 46 B State Street, Charleston, SC 29401
All Charleston Culinary Tours are limited in size in order to deliver a safe, intimate, personalized experience.