This 2.5-hour tour offers insight into Charleston’s historic Upper King Street neighborhood, which has been named one of the top 10 food neighborhoods in America.
Downtown Charleston Culinary Tour
A Top Rated Food Tour in Charleston - Our Most Popular Tour!
- 2.5 hour walking food tour explores the food and restaurants of Charleston’s Historic French Quarter and City Market
- This tour visits 4 local food establishments, highlighting some of our favorite locally-owned restaurants in the Holy City
- Experience the tastiest of Charleston’s history and food while walking some of the oldest and most historic streets in America!
- Small Private Tour up to 6 guests
- Large Private Tour up to 12 guests
The Best of Charleston’s Culinary & Historical Hot Spots!
The 2.5-hour Downtown Charleston Culinary Tour combines elements of a historical tour with a culinary adventure! Through a broad range of tastings from four local food establishments that are accompanied by expert narratives from a city-certified guide, you will gain insight into traditional Lowcountry cuisine. This is our original tour around the French Quarter and City Market and focuses on the must-try flavors of the region.
TIP: Schedule your food tour on the 1st full day in the city. You’ll want as much time as possible to check out all of the great recommendations you’ll get during the tour.
What to Expect:
Meet your guide, and get ready to try some of the best local food the city has to offer. The meeting point is conveniently near downtown hotels and parking garages. From there, your guide takes you to a number of eateries to sample some of their best menu items. Your samples are large enough that by the end of this tour, you should be satisfied. Hear guide commentary about the city’s history along the way.
Our Classic Downtown Charleston Food Tour Includes:
- All prearranged food tastings (a meal for most)
- A fully narrated tour by a certified Charleston tour guide
- All taxes and server gratuities (Guide gratuity NOT included)
- Tours are held rain or shine. Come prepared for walking in the weather.
- These are walking tours, and historic Charleston has a number of very uneven cobblestone streets and sidewalks. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Each tour is unique as destinations rotate on a daily basis.
- Dietary restrictions must be communicated directly to Charleston Culinary Tours at least 36 hours before your scheduled tour in order to be accommodated. Vegan, dairy/lactose, & soy restrictions cannot be adequately accommodated. Guests with multiple allergies should contact Charleston Culinary Tours prior to booking to confirm accommodation.
Meeting Place: 46 State Street, Charleston, SC
All Charleston Culinary Tours are limited in size in order to deliver a safe, intimate, personalized experience.