This 2.5-hour tour offers insight into Charleston’s historic Upper King Street neighborhood, which has been named one of the top 10 food neighborhoods in America.
- A one-of-a-kind food tour with one of Charleston’s best chefs utilizing hand-selected local, seasonal produce.
- Nationally ranked by Travel and Leisure Magazine.
- Private Tour up to 12 guests
Get a Taste of the Seasonal Bounty of the Lowcountry
This 3.5-hour tour showcases the seasonal bounty of the South Carolina Lowcountry and the creative prowess of a local chef.
– Guests meet their tour guide and chef du jour at Veggie Bin (96 Spring Street), our neighborhood market for all things seasonal & local. Guests will have the opportunity to exclusively peruse the freshest produce our local farms have to offer, while they select ingredients to be utilized by the Chef for a unique dining experience at the end of the tour.
– Once all selections have been made, the chef will return to the kitchen to begin crafting the day’s findings into a multi-course lunch. Meanwhile, guests explore the historic Cannonborough Elliotborough neighborhood on a walking tour with their city-certified guide.
– After working up an appetite, guests reunite with their chef at a local restaurant, where the tour concludes with a one-of-a-kind feast prepared from their Market selections, for a true farm-to-table experience.
TIP: This is a great way to explore a beloved local produce shop, meet one of Charleston’s chefs, and see how creative that chef can be in the kitchen!
Chef Natasha Cline
Chef Kyle Yarborough
Chef Matt Haneline
Charleston Farm-to-Table Food Tour Includes:
- Lunch at a local restaurant incorporating seasonal ingredients selected at the neighborhood Veggie Bin.
- A fully narrated tour by a certified Charleston tour guide
- Tours are held rain or shine. Come prepared for the weather.
- These are walking tours, and historic Charleston has a number of very uneven cobblestone streets and sidewalks, so wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Each tour is unique, with the menu determined by seasonal ingredients and chef inspiration.