This 2.5 hour tour offers insight into Charleston’s historic Upper King Street neighborhood, which was recently named one of the top 10 food neighborhoods in America.
- A three-hour food tour of Charleston’s best chefs and farmer’s market
- Nationally ranked by Travel and Leisure Magazine.
- The tour is available Saturdays from mid-April through mid-December.
- Starting time 9:30 a.m.
This three-hour food tour showcases some of Charleston’s best chefs and Charleston’s award-winning farmer’s market, which was nationally ranked by Travel and Leisure Magazine. Starting at the corner of Meeting and John Streets at the fountain near the Charleston Visitor Center, you meet your tour guide and that day’s participating chef, who leads the group to the farmer’s market to pick out the freshest ingredients the market has to offer. After you and your chef pick out ingredients and you explore the market, your guide takes the group on a walking tour for approximately 45 minutes. Meanwhile, the chef prepares a multi-course meal utilizing the ingredients just purchased at the market, for a true farm-to-table experience.
The Farm-to-Table Experience is available when the Charleston Farmer’s Market is open, on Saturdays from mid-April through mid-December.
TIP: This is a great way to explore the Market, meet one of Charleston’s chefs and see how creative that chef can be in the kitchen!
Charleston Farm-to-Table Food Tour Includes:
- All food and non-alcoholic beverage tastings
- Brunch at a local restaurant incorporating ingredients purchased at the Farmer’s Market.
- Tours are held rain or shine
- These are walking tours, and historic Charleston has a number of very uneven cobblestone streets and sidewalks, so wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Each tour is unique
All Charleston Culinary Tours are limited in size in order to deliver an intimate, personalized experience. Each guest will have ample opportunity to interact with your tour guide as well as the chefs and other restaurant staff that you meet.