This 2.5-hour tour offers insight into Charleston’s historic Upper King Street neighborhood, which has been named one of the top 10 food neighborhoods in America.
- A three-hour food tour with one of Charleston’s best chefs utilizing hand-selected local, seasonal produce.
- Nationally ranked by Travel and Leisure Magazine.
- Private Tour
This 3-hour tour showcases the seasonal bounty of the Lowcountry and the creative prowess of a local chef.
– Guests meet their tour guide and chef du jour at Veggie Bin (96 Spring Street), our neighborhood market for all things seasonal & local. Guests will have the opportunity to exclusively peruse the freshest produce our local farms have to offer, while they select ingredients to be utilized by the Chef for a unique dining experience at the end of the tour.
– Once all selections have been made, the chef will return to the kitchen to begin crafting the day’s findings into a multi-course lunch. Meanwhile, guests explore the historic Cannonborough Elliotborough neighborhood on a walking tour with their city-certified guide.
– After working up an appetite, guests reunite with their chef at a local restaurant, where the tour concludes with a one-of-a-kind feast prepared from their Market selections, for a true farm-to-table experience.
TIP: This is a great way to explore a beloved local produce shop, meet one of Charleston’s chefs, and see how creative that chef can be in the kitchen!
Chef Kyle Yarborough
Charleston Farm-to-Table Food Tour Includes:
- All food and non-alcoholic beverage tastings
- Brunch at a local restaurant incorporating local ingredients purchased at the neighborhood Veggie Bin.
- A fully narrated tour by a certified Charleston tour guide
- Tours are held rain or shine. Come prepared for the weather.
- These are walking tours, and historic Charleston has a number of very uneven cobblestone streets and sidewalks, so wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Each tour is unique, with the menu determined by seasonal ingredients and chef inspiration.