This 2.5-hour food tour explores Charleston’s Historic French Quarter and City Market, offering the best of Charleston’s history and food while walking some of the oldest streets in the city!
- A 1.5-hour walking tour through Charleston’s oldest and best-preserved neighborhoods
- Starts at 10 am every day
- Note: this is NOT a food tour, but a Historic Lunch add-on is available
Whet your appetite for Charleston with a historic stroll! This 1.5-hour walking tour will guide you through some of Charleston’s oldest and best-preserved neighborhoods, giving you an insider’s look at the streetscapes of Charleston past and present. The architecture and history of the Revolution, Antebellum, and Restoration periods are on full display in our beautiful French Quarter and South of Broad boroughs, and our city-licensed tour guides are ready to acquaint you with all the extraordinary tales of a city that’s shaped the American story at every turn. Nothing will prepare you for Charleston’s exceptional cuisine like an exceptional Charleston walking tour!
Optional: Add on a Historic Lunch! After returning from your walk through Charleston history, sit back and relax in our historic State Street dining room with a catered lunch representing the most historic and tastiest of Charleston cuisine. This is an add-on option with the walking tour.
Charleston Walking Tour Includes:
- A fully narrated historical tour with a city-licensed tour guide
Historic Lunch Add-on Includes:
- Full Meal (3 courses)
- Narration from city-licensed tour guide & chef
- BYOB: Alcoholic beverages are NOT provided or available, but please feel free to bring your own favorite lunchtime beverages. We’ll stash them before heading out on the walking tour portion, and they’ll be waiting for you once we return.
- Tours are held rain or shine
- These are walking tours, and historic Charleston has a number of very uneven cobblestone streets and sidewalks.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Bring water, particularly during the summer months