This 2.5-hour food tour explores Charleston’s Historic French Quarter, offering the best of Charleston’s history and food while walking some of the oldest streets in the city!
- A 2 ½ curated tour of Charleston’s sustainable seafood restaurants
- The tour is available the third Thursday of the month
- Starting time 5:00 p.m.
The Sustainable Seafood Tour is an experience unlike any other! Charleston Culinary Tours has teamed up with South Carolina Aquarium Good Catch to bring you a tour showcasing restaurant partners dedicated to serving locally sourced and responsibly harvested seafood. A “good catch” is local, sustainable and harvested following proper regulations like length, possession and season limits. Restaurants included in this tour have committed to serving a higher percentage of sustainable seafood sourced from southeast regional fisheries (North Carolina to the east coast of Florida). Supporting these local fisheries supports the local economy, and is the most sustainable option because it produces the smallest carbon footprint with the fewest miles traveled.
Not only do you become part of the movement to protect our oceans by taking this tour, you also get the opportunity to dine in some of Charleston’s most reputable restaurants. We promise you will be full by the end!
For more information, visit www.scaquarium.org/goodcatch
“We must cherish and protect wildlife and wild places – land and sea – as if our lives depend on it, because they do.” – Sylvia Earle
Sustainable Seafood Tour Includes:
- All food and non-alcoholic beverage tastings
- Enough food to make a meal for most
- Tours are held rain or shine
- These are walking tours, and historic Charleston has a number of very uneven cobblestone streets and sidewalks. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Each tour is unique as destinations rotate according to restaurant availability.