This 2.5 hour tour offers insight into Charleston’s historic Upper King Street neighborhood, which was recently named one of the top 10 food neighborhoods in America.
- Three-hour walking tour you
- Meet the talented chefs behind some of Charleston’s greatest restaurants
- Gain insight into their ideas, methods, and creativity.
- Includes 5 stops and introduces you to 2 Charleston chefs
- Starting at 9:30 a.m.
- Private Tour
In addition to visiting 2 kitchens, this tour of Charleston includes various samples along the way, including coffee and pastries, delicious biscuits from a celebrated Charleston biscuit maker, and a selection of traditional southern dishes. Enjoy a deeper connection with the cuisine of Charleston and a greater appreciation of the tastings after meeting the inspired individuals in their kitchens.
TIP: If you want to meet Charleston chefs, see inside their kitchens, hear guide Hoon Calhoun spin some tales and sample dishes along the way this is the food tour for you!
Chefs of Charleston Food Tour Includes:
- An opportunity to meet and ask questions of some of Charleston’s best chefs.
- Tastings which include coffee and pastries, southern biscuits, and other traditional southern dishes.
- A narrated tour by a licensed tour guide between stops.
- In comparison to our Downtown and Upper King Street Culinary Tours this tour is NOT focused on food sampling.
- Tours are held rain or shine
- These are walking tours, and historic Charleston has a number of very uneven cobblestone streets and sidewalks, so wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Each tour is unique as destinations rotate according to restaurant availability.